For Air Moldova flights the following free checked baggage allowance shall apply (according to PIECE CONCPT):
|Passenger Type/ destination||BUSINESS||ECONOMY PREMIUM||ECONOMY REGULAR||ECONOMY BASIC|
|Adults and children aged 2 years and older for flights to/from MOSCOW and ISTANBUL||2 bags max.23kg/158cm||2 bags max.23kg/158cm||1 bag max.23kg/158cm||1 bag max.23kg/158cm|
|Adults and children aged 2 years and older for flights to/from other destinations||2 bags max.23kg/158cm||2 bags max.23kg/158cm||1 bag max.23kg/158cm||Not applicable|
|Children up to 2 years of age||1 bag:max. 10kg + 1 folding pushchair up to 10kg|
|Air Moldova Club members: Prestige/Exclusive card holders must present the card at check-in.||standard allowance + one piece max.23kg/158cm|
Tariff group is indicated in box "ENDORSEMENT" in your ticket.
Maximum dimensions per bag is 158 cm (width + height + depth), for children up to 2 years of age - 115 cm. Special free baggage allowance for Air Moldova Club members applies for itineraries that involve only Air Moldova operated Flights.
In case if your luggage (one piece) weight more than 32kg, than repack it in 2 separate pieces of luggage or send it as cargo.
For journeys involving travel on other carriers flights in the ticket, the MSC (Most Significant Carrier) baggage rules (Free Baggage Allowance and Excess Baggage Charges) will apply.
MSC (Most Significant Carrier) rule :
- if the geographically longest or most significant stretch of your journey is not operated by Air Moldova, but by another airline, this airline’s rules may also apply to Air Moldova flights or Air Moldova flight numbers;
- if Air Moldova operates the geographically longest or most significant stretch of the journey, then the Air Moldova’s rules and charges will apply.
If the MSC does not publish baggage provisions for the journey concerned apply the published baggage provisions of the carrier accepting the baggage at check-in.
If the carrier accepting the baggage at check-in does not publish baggage provisions for the interline journey concerned apply the published baggage provisions of each operating airline sector-by-sector.
For safety reasons, the following dangerous goods must not be carried in passenger’s baggage:
- Explosives, ammunitions, fireworks and flares
- Irritating or offensive materials
- Compressed gases e.g. butane, propane, oxygen
- Mercury and corrosive substances e.g. acids, alkalis, wet cell batteries
- Flammable liquids and solids e.g. acetone, lighters, cleaning spirit, wax-matches, box-matches
- Magnetic materials
- Poisons e.g. arsenic, cyanides, same insecticides
- Oxidizing substances e.g. bleaching-powder, nitrates, peroxides
- Radioactive materials
- Offensive weapons
Transportation of the substances and articles above-listed as well as of other dangerous items in baggage on board is unlawful, and violators may be subject to legal prosecution and penalties.
Medicines and personal care items for personal use in small quantities which are necessary or appropriate for the passenger during the journey, such as hair sprays, perfumes and medicines containing alcohol are allowed for carriage in passenger’s hand baggage without prior approval from Air Moldova.
For tickets issued until February 28, 2013 for travel starting from March 31, 2013 and for tickets issued starting from March 01, 2013 for travel starting till March 30, 2013 the old rules of baggage transportation will apply.