Passengers with reduced mobility
Acceptance on board of persons with disabilities depends on the following factors:
- Possibility of the handling agent to provide such type of services (the necessary equipment, properly trained personnel)
- Limitations. (i.e. maximum PRMs on the board of the aircraft, depending on its type, acceptance on the board of the aircraft of certain categories of PRM)
To ensure a comfortable flight of the persons with disabilities should be taken into account a number of factors such as the health of the person, the requested equipment, involved air carriers, maximum limits per types of aircraft. In this respect, any special service for people with disabilities must be requested 72 hours before the flight to allow the air carrier to arrange and finish the arrangements. Usually, these requests are declared to the agent at the time of booking the ticket when introducing the necessary information in the passenger's reservation.
For people who suffer from certain diseases and are considered medical cases, Air Moldova shall request the medical information about the health condition of the passenger.
A special form MEDIF is necessary to be completed by the passenger’s doctor and sent to the company.
Shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know the extent to which your mobility is reduced.
There are three internationally recognized wheelchair categories to help you classify your degree of disability:
- WCHR – Wheelchair Ramp: The passenger requests the wheelchair only to cover longer distances; is able to climb stairs independently.
- WCHS – Wheelchair Steps: The passenger is not able to climb the stairs but can cover short distances on foot.
- WCHC – Wheelchair Cabin seat: The passenger requests the wheelchair all the time, is not able to move around the cabin without being helped by another person – it is needed the wheelchair all the time.
If you are traveling with your own wheelchair, please notify us of its size and weight and any special features (e.g. folding/non-folding, sport/electric wheelchair, etc.).
The battery-driven wheelchairs are accepted for transportation only if respected special conditions. Non spill-able batteries (gel and dry batteries) can remain in the wheelchair, must be secured and disconnected and the poles must be isolated before boarding the aircraft. It is not allowed transportation of wheelchairs with wet or lithium batteries.
Transportation the equipment (1) for persons with reduced mobility (wheelchair, crutches, other mobility aids) is free of charge on Air Moldova flights. These are transported only in the hold.
Passengers travelling accompanied by guide animals
Passengers travelling accompanied by guide dogs are accepted on the board free of charge. Passengers travelling accompanied by guide dogs shall notify us thereon upon booking.
Conditions to accept guide dogs on board:
- Their weight and seize is not restricted;
- The passenger shall hold a certificate that proves the status "guide animal"
- They are not allowed to move around the aircraft;
- They do not occupy a seat;
- They are not carried in cages;
- They shall be muzzled and have a lead;
Passengers with impaired sensory perception
Please notify us of your disability at time of booking so we can pass on the relevant information, especially to our cabin crew on the board of the aircraft. Passengers with impaired sensory perception do not need a doctor's certificate Deaf and blind passengers will need to be accompanied during the flight.
Persons with reduced mobility or impaired sensory perception may choose their seat on the board of the aircraft but due to safety concerns their choice might be restricted to defined rows (e.g. emergency exits).